Background

Thursday, October 11, 2012

18th Birthday Cake Love


My husband is a youth pastor (insert youth pastor jokes here). But we honestly LOVE our students.  As they enter the youth group, we learn who they are and find more young friends than we ever could have imagined.  What a blessing to be surrounded by these young people who constantly keep us young.  I made this cake for one of our students who was turning 18.  She loves pink and frilliness (is that a word?) and bows.  This cake was definitely fun!


Here is the sweet birthday girl with her cake.  Did I mention, the cake was a total surprise?  I think she liked it.


I had to snap a shot of the inside as well. This cake was alternating layers of strawberry & chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream iced smooth.  And, of course, pink and frilly buttercream decor on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment